Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Why I'm here

I think I should probably tell you why I'm focused on health, nutrition, feeling good and bettering myself. After a life changing event, ( you can read the whole story and all of the grisly details here http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Reflection-of-Personal-Growth-and-Death-of-a-Failed-Relationship) and my love of backpacking and the outdoors, I've decided that one way for me to get through the tough time is to focus on something....and that something is my health and wellness, and getting back into shape among other things. I've dedicated this blog as a sort of journal for my progress. As I go along, if I can share something that I've learned that might help someone else, then I've helped make the world a better place!

In order to keep backpacking without falling over, I need to get back into trail shape. Too much time was spent with the ex at home, watching baseball, eating ice cream and not addressing my need to exercise. I'm taking it one step further and am planning on getting into the best shape of my life as I approach 40. It can be done and I've got the doctors approval. It also goes hand in hand with my spiritual beliefs. Zen and Wicca both focus on the body as a conduit for the mind.

I've left my old life behind me. I keep finding silver linings within the darkness....which is something that I thought I could never do. This is my focus. It's odd how the worst thing in the world can turn into a blessing in disguise.

The best advice I can offer right now to anyone looking to get in shape or change their lifestyle for the better is to do it. Do it every day. No one can make the change but you.

No comments:

Post a Comment