Thursday, August 20, 2009

More Progress

Since I've been working out (about 3 1/2 weeks) I've noticed a few things. My heart rate on the treadmill has leveled off - from a max out of 180 when I started to a steady 160 at max. I'm sweating a lot less. I have muscle soreness in at least one muscle group every day....not debilitating soreness but, just enough to make me remember what I've done 2 days previous. I've also seen a positive change in my body. So far, I'm responding well to the work outs and the healthy eating. I've had to tighten my belts one notch when getting dressed, I'm losing the dreaded love handles, I no longer feel bloated in the mornings, and I'm starting to see definition in my pectorals, my shoulders, my biceps and triceps and my leg definition is major....thighs are expanding and calves are looking cut.

Every week, I try to increase something in my workout routine. Either increased weight, more repetitions, more time on the treadmill or elliptical or an added exercise.

One thing that I read recently, "you can't out train a bad diet". If you want to see results from working out, you need the proper nutrition to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment