Monday, September 21, 2009

Update 9/21

Smoking cessation in full swing. I have been smoke free since 9/12 and ramped down off the patch over the weekend and am smoke and patch free today for the first time in a long time! I'm so very proud and excited about it! It's amazing what one can accomplish when in the right environment, surrounded by the right people! Meditation has been very helpful in many ways. All I've done is visualize what I'm trying to attain, and it just seems to happen.

Working out is still giving me that drug like rush that I crave. I feel like something is not right on off days that I've started doing the treadmill for 20 minutes just to feel like I did something.

Results are really starting to show....weight is holding steady at 194 which means I'm trading fat for muscle. I have lost the unpleasant side effects with the new meds....well....most of them anyway. The sweating and the lack of sleep have gone away....the other thing? Not so much!

Buddha Quote - It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment